Steps to Mindfulness Self Compassion for Regional Women
Date: Thursday 28 February 2019
Location: “The Shirley Hotel’ 25 Baylis Street BETHUNGRA NSW
Price: $45.00 per participant.
About The Event:
This two-hour informal workshop consists of didactic and experiential training with basic exercises on mindfulness and self-compassion to improve your everyday life. Supported by research, mindfulness
Workshop Will Include:
- Definition of self-compassion and mindfulness that is applicable to anyone interested in learning how to apply simple techniques to create inner calm in their everyday life
- Benefits of self-compassion and loving kindness and why we each need self-compassion in today’s busy way of living
- Exploring our inner critic and ways to nurture a compassionate inner voice
- How to practice self-compassion and how self-compassion is not being self-indulgent
- Using mindfulness and self-compassion to explore values and strengths and how to apply the techniques when life is not going as you think it should
- Practice and exercises to deal with difficult emotions, anxiety, anger, depression, pain and shame
- Letting go of perfection, and dealing with difficult relationships, forgiveness of others and forgiveness of self
Getting There/What To Expect:
What to bring: An inquiring mind, dress in comfortable, casual clothing and bring a cushion/blanket (or sheet) to use when we do the relaxation exercises. If you have a bean bag that you can bring, that would be helpful but not essential.
Rhonda Emonson conducts workshops in a variety of settings and on this occasion has chosen the beautiful ‘Shirley Hotel’ in Bethungra, a one hundred and thirty-year-old building that is rich in history.
The Owners of the ‘Shirley Hotel’ will host Tea and Scones ($5.00 per person).
Workshop is suitable for anyone over the age of 16 who is yearning to find a greater understanding of themselves. In the interest of all participants, children of any age are not to attend the workshop. A small group of 10-12 participants only, so places are limited to ensure a quiet and intimate setting and for you to ‘have a go’ at Mindfulness exercises. If you would like to book a place, please follow the instructions below. We will email you to inform you if you have been successful in securing a place when payment has been completed.
To book your ticket, enter your details in the form to the right and click send. If we have spots available we’ll email you our payment details. Upon receiving payment you’ll receive your event itinerary and reservation confirmation. If you choose to stay at ‘The Shirley Hotel’, please book directly with Alan and Robyn Cox by telephoning 0450783607. Please view www.bethungrahotel.com.au for further information about Alan and Robyne’s Project and accommodation details.